Terms & Conditions
- Bookings will not be accepted from persons under the age of 18.
- Guests are requested to arrive/depart at the times stated in their e-mail correspondence.
- The property is to be left in the same tidy condition as found on arrival. A cleaning/tidying charge of £50 per cottage will be deducted from the security deposit for cottages not left in the same way as they were found.
- A booking is only made once payment of a deposit has been taken. A deposit of 20% is required to secure a booking and balance is due 6-8 weeks before your stay. Payments are taken using Worldpay over the telephone.
- A £200 security deposit is required prior to your stay and will be refunded after inspection of the cottage on your departure day. If you book more than one cottage the security deposit is £400. Refunds usually take no longer than 10 working days to reach your account. If there are any breakages, excessive cleaning and/or complaints from other guests or neighbours, costs will be taken from the security deposit.
- The maximum accommodation capacity in the three-bedroom cottage is 8 persons and in the two-bedroom cottages 6 persons. Additional guests are not permitted.
- The owners shall not be liable to the hirer or third parties for any death, personal injury, accident, cancellation, damage or loss of your personal property, expense or inconvenience, which may be suffered, incurred, arise out of or in any way be connected with the rental.
- All information and statements are made in good faith. The owners shall not be liable for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of information given, or statements made, whether orally or in writing.
- Parents must take full responsibility for the supervision and well-being of their children during their stay.
- Dogs are welcome but must be kept under control. Please ensure that dog mess is removed responsibly from the grounds.
- We ask that all guests behave with respect for other visitors to our cottages. Anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated and the owners can request that guests leave in the event of anti-social behaviour. The hirer will remain liable for the whole cost of hire and no refund will be due. The owners define anti-social behaviour as “acting in a manner causes harassment, alarm or distress to one or more persons not of the same household”.
- Cancellations – The owners reserve the right to retain the deposit. The owners will do their best to re-let the property and should they be successful a refund of the deposit will be made, less a £25 administration fee. If you cancel more than 8 weeks prior to arrival, you will lose your 20% deposit, which is non-refundable. If you cancel between 4 and 8 weeks before arrival, this will mean the loss of 50% of the total booking fee. If you cancel within 4 weeks of arrival you will be liable for the full balance of the hire charge. The owners will always endeavour to re-let and reimburse you.
- Coronavirus/Covid-19 -
If The Old Schoolhouse is closed due to Government restrictions, we will either refund you in full or offer you the option to re-schedule your stay.However, if The Old Schoolhouse is open and the Government place restrictions that impact on your stay, for example not being able to meet with another household, you will need to adhere to the restrictions. We will NOT be able to offer re-scheduled stays or refunds unless we are closed.
- In the unlikely situation of any unforeseen reason the property is unavailable, e.g. in case of fire/flood/unavoidable emergency repairs, the owners will return to the hirer any monies paid, where upon the owner’s liability will cease and the guest shall have no further claim. The owners strongly recommend that you obtain appropriate holiday insurance.